Best Hotels in Portuguese Capital: Lisbon
Lisbon is one of the most popular tourist destinations in the world, and it increases its popularity every year. As consistently finds a spot in the lists of favorite cities among tourists globally, Lisbon strengthens its reputation as a vacation location and contributes to the country’s economy with its tourism income. The Portuguese capital offers a complete package to its visitors. It has an amazing history that is displayed in every corner of the city by medieval castles, royal palaces, monuments, and statues. Also, Lisbon has a fame for being safe and peaceful whereas most other famous tourist destinations tend to be somewhat dangerous in terms of theft among crowds. Although Lisbon also can be crowded during the summer season, the region’s climate prevents the weather to be overwhelming and discomforting. With mild winters and cool summers, Lisbon is attractive at any time of the year.
1. Lisboa Carmo Hotel
Lisboa Carmo Hotel is at the very heart of Lisbon. Baixa and Chiado are very famous touristic centers in the city where Lisboa Carmo Hotel is located. Although the hotel is located at a very popular spot, it is surrounded by quiet and peaceful streets while still maintaining its proximity to the amazing attractions of the Portuguese capital.
- In Chiado
- Rossio Square (4 min walk)
- Santa Justa Elevator (5 min walk)
- Commerce Square (11 min walk)
- Lisbon Cathedral (12 min walk)
- Castle of Sao Jorge (20 min walk)
2.Memmo Principe Real
As the name suggests, Memmo Principe Real is located in the Principe Real district of Lisbon. Situated at a hilltop, the hotel boasts excellent views of the city. Offering a breathtaking terrace cocktail lounge to its visitors, Memmo Principe Real provides tourists with amazing memories while also making no compromises on its quality service.
- In Principe Real
- Botanical Garden (2 min walk)
- Rossio Square (11 min walk)
- Santa Justa Elevator (15 min walk)
- Lisbon Cathedral (23 min walk)
- Castle of Sao Jorge (27 min walk)
3.9 Hotel Mercy
Situated in Bairro Alto, 9 Hotel Mercy is a 4-star hotel that offers great views of the Old Town and historical Sao Jorge Castle. Also, see the Ponte 25 de Abril, 9 Hotel Mercy offers its visitors 24 hours of room service and panoramic views of the city at its roof-top bar “In Heaven”. The hotel is also at a great location within walking distance of important sightseeing points and Baixa/Chiado metro station.
- In Lisbon Old Town
- Rossio Square (5 min walk)
- Baixa/Chiado (5 min)
- Santa Justa Elevator (7 min walk)
- Castle of Sao Jorge (23 min walk)
- Botanical Garden (10 min walk)
4.Fontecruz Lisboa Hotel
Fontecruz Lisboa Hotel, a 5-star complex, is located on the very famous Liberdade Avenue. Luxuriously designed in the Victorian style, the rooms of Fontecruz Lisboa Hotel offer amazing views of the Old Town and Avenida de Liberdade. Only 20 meters away from the metro line, Fontecruz Lisboa Hotel is within walking distance of all the famous spots in the city.
- In Lisbon Old Town
- Botanical Garden (6 min walk)
- Rossio Square (8 min walk)
- Marquis of Pombal Square (10 min walk)
- Santa Justa Elevator (11 min walk)
- Castle of Sao Jorge (22 min walk)
5.The Lumiares Hotel and Spa
Only 400 meters from Chiado, The Lumiares Hotel & Spa is located in the Misericordia region of Lisbon, which is adored by its locals and visitors. Austerely designed Lumiares offers a warm welcome to tourists from all over the world and provides highly satisfactory service. Also, the resort is only 6 km away from the Lisboa Humberto Delgado Airport.
- In Bairro Alto
- Rossio Square – 7 min walk
- Botanical Garden – 8 min walk
- Santa Justa Elevator – 9 min walk
- Castle of Sao Jorge – 20 min walk
Located next to Avenida de Liberdade, PortoBay Marqués has an amazing terrace pool. Also offering a spa and sauna to its visitors, PortoBay Marqués is very central and very close to the most popular landmarks. Only 2.5 km away from the scenic Sao Jorge Castle, the hotel offers nice views of the city.
- In Lisbon Old Town
- Marquis of Pombal Square – 5 min walk
- Botanical Garden – 14 min walk
- Rossio Square – 18 min walk
- Castle of Sao Jorge – 33 min walk
If you need cheaper accommodation options, you can check our The Best Cheap Hotels in Lisbon article. Enjoy your staying!